Quality Policy Statement …
GEP has a commitment to protect and improve environmental quality.
In order to fulfill this commitment, GEP will:
- carry out environmental review activities in all products and operations on production lines.
- ensure continuous development of environmental issues.
- comply with environmental legislation and administrative regulations.
- To prevent pollution, GEP will:
1- take into account the environmental factors in its new products, projects, and production operations.
2- investigate the substances with fewer pollutant properties to reduce the use of harmful substances in product design and manufacturing processes.
3- make effort to reduce the production of waste at the source and to reuse, recycle, and recover waste.
4- save energy, water, and natural resources by reducing their consumption in order to increase efficiency and promote the use of new technologies.
5- organize activities to raise environmental awareness.
- By renewing its Environmental Policy in line with the contemporary conditions and developments, GEP will ensure the continuity of the improvements regarding its environmental vision and follow the relevant decisions taken.
Who we works …
Our Mission, What Can We Do?
To be the preferred energy storage supplier of customers, investing for a sustainable future, and to contribute to all stakeholders, transferring our corporate culture and values from generation to generation.
The battery is equipment that stores electrical power in the form of chemical energy and gives it back in case of need. The task of the battery gives electric current to the starter motor for the first time to work, to send current to the receivers when the vehicle engine is not working. The other task of the battery provides a balance between voltage and amperage in the electric system when the engine operates and thus to prevent the receivers from damage as a result of high voltage that the alternator may generate at high speeds. In such cases, the battery takes over some of the current generated by the alternator and prevents overvoltage.
- Make sure that the battery you use for connection of one battery to another is of the same amperage.
- Switch off the engine and all electrical components.
- First, the red cable end is connected to the (+) terminal of the discharged battery; then the other end is connected to the terminal of the charged battery.
- And then the black cable end is connected to the terminal (-) of the charged battery and the other end of the cable is connected to any metal part of the vehicle having the discharged battery.
- Make sure the cables do not contact with any moving or hot things such as exhaust and impeller.
- And start the vehicle with the charged battery first, and then start the vehicle with the discharged battery.
- After the cars start, you may remove the jumper cables, starting with the vehicle with the discharged battery.
Possible reasons for discharge for GEP Batteries you bought:
- Adverse environmental and storage conditions, high temperature, humidity, etc.
- Leak currents on the car (currents drawn more than the anticipated short circuits), open lights
- Short circuits on other electric equipment and components
- Mismatch of the vehicle and battery; selection of small battery; additional onboard vehicle components (audio, light, computer systems, cooling systems)
- The insufficient charge generated by the alternator (charging generator)
Batteries have consisted of lead, sulfuric acid solution, and polypropylene box. For this reason, when batteries become unusable, they are risky and hazardous waste for the environment. However, an effective recycling system makes it possible to recover the polypropylene box and lead components of the batteries. Although it is also possible to recover sulfuric acid, it is mostly preferred to neutralize it.
Selection and Installation of Battery
Select the battery you desire properly according to the vehicle from the lists given in our catalog indicating characteristics of the batteries. Sizes, cold cranking current, and capacity values are important selection criteria. Activate the dry charged batteries according to the method given above and, if required, charge them.
In the case of flooded batteries stored, when the average daily temperature is less than 4°C, if the open-circuit voltage is 12.50 V and less, then recharge it according to the method given above.
If the ambient temperature is high and the open-circuit voltage is 12.40 or less, recharge it according to the method given above.
Mark the cables as +/- before you remove the old battery in order to connect the new battery correctly.
Measure the voltage value and direction of the battery to make sure it is correct; check the cable connections and battery stand carefully and clean them. Place the new battery and make the connections and tighten.
Firstly, connect the positive (+) cable. Secondly, connect the negative (-) earthed cable. Tighten carefully. As overtightening may damage the posts, be careful especially when you tighten the battery posts from sideways.
Cover the posts and cable ends by an anti-corrosive agent.